- 1991 – SNI founded in Manchester, UK. Develops network optimization tools.
- 1997 – SNI merges and becomes NetFusion
- 1997 –Universal Access founded in Chicago, IL. Becomes the first carrier neutral exchange for access networks.
- 1998 – Magenta net-logic founded in Manchester, UK. Acquires assets of NetFusion. Develops unique global pricing and optimization software.
- 2000 – GiantLoop Network founded in Waltham, MA. Provides engineering and remote management services for data center and private fiber networks.
- 2000 – Global Capacity Group founded in Houston, TX. Provides outsourced network service delivery.
- 2002 – 20/20 Technologies founded in Chicago, IL.
- 2003 – GiantLoop Network becomes CentrePath.
- 2004 – 20/20 Technologies acquires Magenta net-logic.
- 2004 – Universal Access acquired by Vanco, PLC.
- 2006 – 20/20 Technologies, CentrePath, and Global Capacity Group are merged into Capital Growth Systems, Inc. Go to market as Global Capacity.
- 2007 – Global Capacity launches One Marketplace Access Network.
- 2008 – Global Capacity acquires the assets of Universal Access (Vanco Direct USA).
- 2010 – Global Capacity launches One Marketplace Access Exchange.
- 2011 – Global Capacity is acquired by Pivotal Group.